|Rumah Kasih Hospital Kuala Lumpur
(Hospital Kuala Lumpur Caring Home)
Objectives of Rumah Kasih
1. Free hospice services to provide palliative care that fulfill the needs of the elderly and unfortunate patients that are abandoned in government hospitals.
2. Organize community caring and sharing activities.
3. Work together with government and private hospitals.
4. Expounds the teachings of the Buddha and hold Buddhist chanting services.
5. Help unfortunate families.
6. Arrange for free decent and respectable funeral services for deceased of poor families and destitute regardless of race or religion.
7. Provide reasonably priced dignified funeral services , offered by HKL authorized casket companies , to ensure that every family could have a respectful ambient ceremony to bid farewell to their loved one, thus fulfill the wishes of their departed.
Up to end of June 2011 we have received more than 435 abandoned patients. The numbers is increasing every now and then. Currently, the home is over crowded with about 50 inmates.
The c aring, kind and generous people who paid for the funeral expenses of the needy have helped more than 180 families and destitute.
The total expenses for the smooth running of Rumah Kasih HKL is about RM350,000 yearly.