|Head of Department||Y.Bhg.Datuk Dr. Hj. Johari Siregar bin Adnan|
The Department of Neurosurgery at Kuala Lumpur Hospital is the largest in the country and serves as the National Referral Centre. Spearheading efforts to upgrade and provide the best possible care for our patients, we are equipped with the latest facilities which include sophisticated multimodality intensive care monitoring systems, advance radiodiagnostic and state-of-the-art Operating Suites. As the leading Neurosurgical Centre, we are intimately involved in the formulation of national policies pertaining to patient care, training and research.
Mr. N Ramesh
Mr. Azmi Alias
Mr. Nujaimin Udin
Mr. Kan Choon Hong
Ms. Sharon Casilda Theophilus
Dr. Siti Azleen Mohamad
Dr. Nadia Abdul Malek
Dr. Mohd Fazrin Jaafar
Dr. Mastura Zainal
Dr. Faizul Hizal Ghazali
Dr. Fadzlishah Johanabas Rosli
Dr. Rakesh a/l Retinasamy
Dr. Kanmani devi a/p Ganesan
Dr. Ginnelle Genistar Low Siew Ling
Nursing Sisters/Senior Medical Assistant
Staff Nurses/Medical Assistant
The Department of Neurosurgery is located at the Tunku Abdul Rahman Neuroscience Institute in the compounds of the Kuala Lumpur Hospital. There are 2 main wards with a total bed capacity of almost 80 catering for adults and a 32-bedded children's ward. Besides that, the 7-bedded Neuro Intensive Care Unit and 4-bedded High Dependency Unit is quite well equipped. Our 3 Operating Suites are equipped with operating microscopes, high speed drills, ultrasonic aspirator and intraoperative ultrasonography.
As the leading neurosurgical centre in the country, we provide services and consultation in almost all fields of neurosurgery. The surgical services available include:
i) Neurotrauma - main referral centre for the country
ii) Paediatric Neurosurgery
iii) Treatment of hydrocephalus which also includes endoscopic 3 rd ventriculostomy
iv) Vascular Neurosurgery inclusive of neurointervention and radiosurgery
v) Adult Neuro-oncology
vi) Treatment of intracranial sepsis
vii) Stereotactic guided diagnostic and therapeutic procedures
viii) Together with the neuroradiologist and oncologist, we also provide endovascular treatment of intracranial lesions and stereatactic radiosurgery.
The Neurosurgical Clinic is located at the 5th floor Specialist Complex & Ambulatory Care Centre (SCACC). It is open daily from 8 a.m till 1 p.m. Prior appointment is necessary.
(2ND AND 4TH WEEK)
Emergency Case:- New and repeated cases that need immediate response.
New Case:- New cases by appointment
CONTINUING MEDICAL EDUCATION
- Regular daily morning conference held at 7:30 a.m to discuss all cases managed by the on-call team. This is both educational and to maintain a high and uniform standard of care. Everybody is welcomed to participate Sometimes a lively discussion is cut short to start the obligatory morning round.
- Weekly CME program on Wednesday. Various topics of interest are presented by specialist and medical officers and chaired by a consultant.
- Weekly radiological meeting
- Monthly clinicopathological meeting
- Monthly vascular meeting participated jointly by the neurosurgical, radiological and oncology staff.
- Regular department meetings.
- Department Training and Research Activities
- To provide clinical training for medical officers undergoing training for the degree of Master in Neurosurgery.
- To provide adequate clinical exposure to medical officers undergoing training for the degree of Master in General Surgery, Emergency Medicine and Otorhinolaryngology.
- Main centre of training for Specialist subspecialising in Neurosurgery.
- Venue for post basic nurses training in neurosurgery, intensive care, and operating room techniques.
- Ongoing Departmental Studies