|Head of Department||Dr Zanariah binti Alias|
The Department of Pathology is composed of multiple pathology disciplines providing diagnostic service not just to Hospital Kuala Lumpur but also to the whole country as it is the National Referral Center for pathology services of the Ministry of Health Malaysia. This department is one of the largest clinical departments in Kuala Lumpur Hospital (HKL). The department has been accredited to MS ISO 15189 by Department of Standards Malaysia. As part of Kuala Lumpur Hospital, the department has also obtained MS ISO 9001certificated from SIRIM
To be the Premier Reference Laboratory by providing accurate and timely diagnostic services for patient care and community health.
1. To ensure that all testing and related activities are carried out in accordance to best practice with documented procedures using appropriate methodology and technology.
2. To ensure all laboratory personnel are competent and comply with the relevant policies and procedures, guidelines, standards and regulations.
3. To provide Pathology services in accordance to MS ISO 9001, MS ISO 15189.
4. To provide the right environment to enhance training and research.
5. To continuously improve and expand Pathology services to meet the clinical and public health needs.
It is our policy to provide accurate and timely results to our customers through continual improvement of the services.
1. Ensure all laboratory personnel comply with all policies and procedures relevant to their work.
2. Ensure all laboratory technology and equipment are up-to-date and well-maintained.
3. Ensure professionalism and competency by providing appropriate training to all categories of staff.
4. Ensure the use of examinations procedures that will provide the highest achievable quality of all tests performed.
5. Ensure periodic evaluation and audit on the effectiveness of the Quality Management System
6. Ensure a safe, conducive and well-maintained environment.
1. Customers will be treated with care, consideration and dignity.
2. Customers will be given clear and comprehensive explanation about the test requests.
3. Specimens will be dealt according to standard work processes and procedures.
4. Tests will be performed promptly and accurately using proven methodology and appropriate technology.
5. Tests results will be treated with confidentiality.
6. Provide technical advisory and clinical consultancy where appropriate.
The Department of Pathology provides diagnostic and consultancy service in the following disciplines of pathology:
These services are provides for HKL and various clinic, government hospitals, and government agencies, university hospitals and private health institutions.
LIST OF TEST
⇒CLICK HERE to view a complete list of tests available in Pathology Department.
Chemical Pathology Unit
Microbiology Unit Unit
Drug and Toxicology Laboratory
Clinical Toxicology Laboratory
First floor in the main block of HKL
SCACC Pathology Laboratory and Phlebotomy
First floor in Specialist Complex & Ambulatory Care Centre (SCACC), HKL
|NO||UNIT||OPERATION HOUR||LABORATORY EXT NO|
|2||Microbiology||24 hours (Bakteriologi & Parasitologi)||5615 (Bakteriologi)|
|0730 - 1730 (monday-friday) - other microbiology units||6860 (TB)|
|3||Histopathology||i. 0730 - 1730 (monday - friday)||5605|
|ii. 0930 - 1030 (Saturday for receiving of specimen)|
|4||Cytology||0730 - 1730 (monday - friday)||6495|
|5||Chempath||0730 - 1730 (monday - friday)||5284|
|6||Heamatology||0730 - 1730 (monday - friday)||6549|
|7||Drug & Toxicology||
i. 0730 -2100 (monday-friday)
ii. 0830 - 1330 (saturday)
|8||Clinical Toxicology||i. 0730 - 1730 (monday - friday)||6077|
|ii. 0830 - 1330 (saturday)|
|iii. sunday & public holiday (Appointment)|
|9||SCACC Pathology Laboratory and Phlebotomy||0730 - 1730 (monday - friday)||1094|
A Medical Officer and a Pathologist on call are available for consultation or assistance after office hours. Please call HKL operator at 03-2615 5555 for assistance.
For futher information on our services, please click the laboratory's directory
Starting from 1st Jun 2020,all laboratory results for patients HKL(ward and clinic) can be traced dan printout from Laboratory Information System (LIS)- Doctor2u.
For outpatient HKL, laboratory results will be email to the related hospital or institute
OUTSOURCING OF TEST
TThe Department of Pathology will outsource certain tests which are not offered by our laboratory. Click here to view the OUTSOURCING PROCEDURE.
Research statistics in the Department of Pathology in 3 years:
|Total IIR and ISR||19||23||43|
|Number of Poster Presented||23||17||4|
|No of Oral Presented||2||1||0|
|No of Publication||9||4||4|
- Continuous Medical Education (CME): Meetings with clinical departments, case presentations, lectures and journal read are conducted regularly at unit and departmental level.
- In-service training is provided for staff within the department according to each specific unit requirement to improve clinical, technological and analytical skill in the existing or new services. Where relevant staff are also sent for courses conducted by other agencies and professional bodies within and outside the country e.g. sub specialty training to acquire skill and knowledge and skill in a specific field of pathology.
- Attachment training in pathology for medical undergraduates from local and foreign universities.
- Postgraduate training for Masters of Pathology candidates and short attachment training for candidates of other Masters Program in Medicine.
- Industrial training for undergraduates of medical related science degree courses from the various universities in Malaysia.
- Attachment training for students from the College of Medical Technology, Kuala Lumpur.
- In-service training for Scientific Officers and Medical Laboratory Technologists from other hospitals in the Ministry of Health, Malaysia.
Note: To apply for training please writes to:
Cawangan Pengurusan Latihan
Hospital Kuala Lumpur
50586 Jalan Pahang, Kuala Lumpur
1. PROGRAM ORIENTASI BAGI KAKITANGAN BARU 2021 JABATAN PATOLOGI HOSPITAL KUALA LUMPUR
DATE : 28 - 29 SEPTEMBER 2021
VENUE : AUDITORIUM DERMATOLOGI HOSPITAL KUALA LUMPUR
2. MAJLIS PERSARAAN KETUA JABATAN PATOLOGI DR ARNI BINTI TALIB
DATE : 1 OKTOBER 2021
VENUE : YOUTUBE LIVE
Last Updated : 20 October 2021