|Head of Department||Dr. Shantini a/p Arasaratnam|
Radiology is one of the clinical support department in Kuala Lumpur Hospital. The Department provides a wide range of diagnostic and interventional services using a variety of latest technology equipment.
The Department comprises of a main department with 7 satellite units located in:
- Emergency and Trauma Department
- Institute of Paediatrics/ Women Child Hospital (WCH)
- IKTAR (Institut Kajisaraf Tunku Abdul Rahman)
- Institute Oncology and Radiotheraphy
- Wisma Rekod
Services are provided for both inpatients and outpatients.
The annual workload is about 332,000 cases.
To provide diagnostic and interventional radiology services of international standard using the latest technology by committed, professional and caring staff.
We will strive to provide service at international standard. We will achieve this by
- Providing efficient and high quality services
- Using latest technology equipment
- Professional and caring staff
- Fulfilling the needs of society and the country
- Provide high quality patient oriented services at all times.
- Ensure patient satisfaction
- Continuing medical education (CME) to all staff
- Promote corporate culture among the staff
- Conducting and promoting research and development in line with the technology and profession growth
- To become a Centre of Excellence
To achieve all the above objectives, the staff have to:
1. Instill an attitude of teamwork
2. Spend more time with patients using the ‘art of care’
3. Ensure customer satisfaction by meeting their needs and preferences.
THE DEPARTMENT PROVIDES BOTH INPATIENT AND OUTPATIENT RADIOLOGY SERVICES
|1. General Radiography
(Conventional, Computed Radiography and Direct Digital Radiography)
|2. Computed Tomography (CT) Scan|
|3. Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)|
|4. Mammography (Full Field Digital Mammography)|
|5. Bone Densitometry|
|7. Fluoroscopy (Contrast media examination)|
|8. Angiography / Interventional Radiology|
|9. Mobile Radiography|
|10. Orthopantomography (OPG)|
|11. C-Arm Image Intensifier|
|12. Forensic Radiology|
Some of the examinations require special patient preparation that will be given and discussed at the time when the appointment is given.
Patients coming for Radiological Examinations are advised to follow the instructions below : .
- Belongings and Valuables: Please avoid bringing valuables to the department. Keep your belongings and valuables with you at all
- Useful things to bring: Reading materials, puzzles and crosswords.
- Clothing: You may be asked to change to our ‘hospital gown’ for your examination.
- Hand Washing: Hand washing facilities and alcohol rub are available and we encourage patients and visitors to use.
- Breastfeeding: The department also provides an area for nursing mothers.
- Water Dispenser: The department has water dispensers that are available for patients and visitors.
- Toilets: Toilets are available for both patients and visitors at designated areas.
Various personnel are involved in the running of the department.
- Medical Officers
- Science Officers (Physics)
- Hospital Attendants
- Clerical staff
|Monday to Friday||7.30 am to 5:00 pm|
|Saturdays, Sundays & Public Holidays||Closed|
|On-call service is provided 24 hours for urgent and emergency procedures.|
CONTACT TELEPHONE NUMBERS
*During the day of your appointment, there might be a short delay for your imaging procedure to make way for urgent case.
*We always want you to stay comfortable in our department and please do not hesitate to ask our staffs if you think that you have been waiting for too long.
Our personnel are committed to provide the highest attainable standard of care. We strive to continually improve our service and value feedback.
Please address your feedback to:
Head Of Department
Diagnostic Imaging Department
Hospital Kuala Lumpur
Jalan Pahang, 50586. Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +6 03 2615 5555 ext: 5930
Fax: +6 03 2615 5555
QUALITY IMPROVEMENT ACTIVITIES
Quality improvement activities are done with the aim of ensuring our objectives are achieved.
- Good quality images
- Patient safety
- Client satisfaction
QUALITY RELATED ACTIVITIES DONE INCLUDE :
- Audit of the Quality of x-ray images
- Turn-around time for In-patient and out – patient Radiology reports
- Complication rate of invasive procedures
- Patient waiting time for Radiological Examination
- Patient satisfaction survey
- QAP (Quality Assurance Program) and QA studies
- MS ISO 9001:2008
CME/CPD RELATED ACTIVITIES
- Radiology conference with various clinical departments & HDT
- CME for
- Medical Officers
- General Topics
- Motivational Talks (Motivasi Pagi)
- Film Critique sessions
- In-house and external courses for all category of staff
- Research activities in collaboration with other agencies
We are the training centre for
- medical students (undergraduate)
- Diagnostic Radiography students
- Masters in Radiology
- Subspecialty Fellowship training
The department also provides teaching for attachment students from various private institutions locally as well as foreign students.