|Head of Department||Dr. Omar bin Sulaiman|
The National Transplant Resource Center is one of the departments at the Kuala Lumpur Hospital where this department serves as the center for national organ donation.
- Established on November 1, 1997
- Located in the HKL Lobby and officiated by the Director General of Health Malaysia
- Currently operating at Wisma Sejarah, Jalan Tun Razak, Kuala Lumpur with a strength of 22 staff.
- Role in handling cases of organ donation after death nationwide.
Malaysia will be a country made up of individuals and communities who care and accept the concept of organ and tissue donation in accordance with the government's intention to create a caring society.
Further increase the rate of organ donation so that every Malaysian citizen who needs organ transplantation will have the opportunity to receive organs and live a better quality of life.
- Creating community involvement and participation for:
- Fully achieve organ donation ability.
- Appreciate organs and tissues as valuable assets.
- Taking positive steps increases again the stage of receiving organ donations and tissues
- As an ongoing information center to the community on organ donation and transplant in Malaysia.
- Manage registration of organ donation pledges nationwide.
- Implement organ donation and transplant awareness programs
- Registers and keeps records of pledges of organ donation into the record system for reference purposes.
- Establishing relationships with various agencies to disseminate information